Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Spooky Halloween Tags

I was inspired by the 7 Days of Halloween videos by TaylorMadeCards4U to hit Michael's and find some spooky Halloween goodies. I had some already, but I love the Tim Holtz Ancestors (vintage pics of people in different sizes) and needed some. Here's the photo of the Ancestors Paper Dolls I bought, plus a couple Halloween tickets (at the bottom of the pic) from the etsy shop of TaylorMade.


This pic is a set of x-ray transparencies and little Halloween word stickers from Tim Holtz.


I used these things and more from my stash (including the tags from Prima that are just the Julie Nutting doll tags) to create these two tags. I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and on the top tag, I added some stenciled trees from Honey Bee before I began layering. 


I used the transparency from Michael's and some old dimensional stickers from Creative Memories, along with Tim Holtz witches, tickets from TaylorMadeCards4U and rub-on flies from who knows what Halloween rub-ons.


These are definitely not my usual style, but I'm digging the spooky stuff right now, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I like figuring out what to use and how to make things work, but my table ends up looking like this.



I am not a tidy crafter...my family will attest to that! "Just clear off a spot to eat," might be something I say often...maybe. And I want credit for not using glitter on these tags—I figured glitter wasn't scary. But, I do have some glittered spider stickers somewhere, you never know what'll happen on the next one! I'll try to control myself with the bling.

Happy Wednesday!
Chark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!