Monday, September 17, 2018

Watercoloring Without Paint

I think I was first introduced to watercoloring with markers and inks by a video by Jennifer McGuire. She is for sure full of inspiration, unique ideas and quality video classes.

For these two panels from an Adornit mini coloring book, I used Tombow and Arteza brush markers that I scribbled on a non-porous surface and applied like any watercolor paint. They are so much easier for me than pots or tubes of watercolor.


Of course, it's still a little looser and less precise than markers or pencils, but that's the interesting thing about watercolors...any version of watercolors.


For this full page painted piece, I used another art-on-watercolor-paper from the Jane Davenport art journal that I write about here so much. I used the Tombow brush pens and a glitter marker afterward. You can't see the glittery goodness in the pic, but trust me, it's lovely! Her hair started out blonde, but I wanted some darker shades and then I just went all in with reds and oranges and some pink.


For the sentiment, I used the nib point of the Tombow marker. Some people love the brush end for lettering but I wanted teeny letters, so I went with the smaller nib.

What medium do you use for watercoloring? You can check here for those mini watercolor books from Adornit, they have a lot to choose from!

Happy Monday!
Chark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!