Monday, September 3, 2018

Yippee! It's Read A New Book Month

September is Read a New Book Month and it's practically a sin not to read some new stuff this month. So, if I have to, I have to. I love to read and have for as long as I can remember. I loved the pictures, the words, the stories, the feel of the books and the way you could go far away and learn so much all from your comfy chair. 

Nancy Drew really caught my 11-year-old attention and I plowed through that series like they were going to disappear. The school library had the whole set, luckily, so I could just keep going back for more. I remember the first book I read on my own, too, though I can only guess my age. I figure I was about 5. It was Inside, Outside, Upside Down.



I was sitting on the floor of my room (that I shared with my older sister) and we had gotten this book from the library sale, so although it said New Lexington Public Library and had a card holder in the back, it was ours. Ever since then, I've loved reading and stories.


I just finished All Happy Families by Jeanne McCulloch and really enjoyed it. It was a memoir that read like fiction and I found interesting. But that was finished yesterday, so time to move on to a new book...I have to take advantage of the month and celebrate it, don't I? Even if the housework and phone calls and paperwork all have to take a backseat. It's practically a law. Might jump into some YA fiction now. I really enjoy the young adult literature out there now. There were some good authors when I was a teen in the 80s, but there are a million more today. So I may not be a young adult, but I love that genre.

Here are some adorable Mama Elephant stamps I need to get to make cards for my book-loving family. The set is called Bookworm. Love that bunny!


Look, these cute bookworm cupcakes fit right into today's post. Also, I want cupcakes now.


I'll leave you with this last image celebrating books, Altered Books by Isobelle Ouzman. Oh. My. Goodness. Her site is so beautiful.


If you're a bookworm like me, you might want to check out all the cool clothes, totes and mugs that readers will like at Out of Print.



Hope you find something good to read this month!

Happy Monday!
Chark









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!