Friday, January 25, 2019

Why Is It Belated?

I often wonder how I can need to send belated birthday cards to friends and family. It's not like I have to go out and buy the cards and it's not like I don't know when the birthdays are upcoming. So, why, then do I need a belated birthday card like this one? I DON'T KNOW! 

I guess because I always think I have plenty of time to make cards and then oops, time's up and today's the birthday. And I like to try to give cards that are somewhat appropriate, like I tone down the glitter for the teen boys and I found some great Little Women paper for my sister-in-law named for the character, Amy. At any rate, my brother-in-law, who is an editor and writer, gets this appropriate book/library/late card for his December birthday. 



The stamps are from Your Next Stamp, called Overdue Library Card but it's a couple years old and no longer in the store, even though it's a good one. You can find a similar card stamp here at Papertrey Ink. They even have a matching library card pocket die here. I used text paper from a book and gold line stickers to finish it off. 

I think library card birthday cards are cool for those bookworms in your family, belated or not! 

Happy Friday!
Chark

2 comments:

  1. Oh this card is super fun and cute!! I am with you, there are plenty times I plan and plan to send cards and at the end I missed the date!! :( I think I need a few 'belated' cards too. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!