Saturday, March 16, 2019

Lawn Fawnatics Book Challenge

So, the Lawn Fawnatics current challenge is to take inspiration from a book, movie or music for your project. I love children's books and have read countless kid's books with my son and daughter over the years. 



My daughter is now an elementary school librarian, so we often share books even now...she's always been a reader and if it hadn't been for the public library, we would've had to spend her college fund to get books to satisfy her thirst for reading. One she shared with me is this one, The Day the Crayons Quit. It came out in 2013, when my kids were teens, so I wouldn't have seen it if she hadn't found it. It's stinkin' cute and it was my inspiration with this challenge.



I used alcohol inks on a glossy cardstock, just letting them drip down the page as I held it in the air. The crayons and sentiment are from this mini stamp set that Lawn Fawn has. The faces are actually from the the Be Hap-Pea stamp set but because they have such a wide variety of faces, I used them instead of the one that comes with the crayon stamp. 

I colored the crayons with Prismacolor pencils and the happy birthday die cut is from Memory Box.



I've really enjoyed this challenge at Lawn Fawn and hope you'll be inspired and join in too! I have my first entry over on Instagram (link to my IG account in the sidebar here). And I know I'm not finished yet!

Happy Saturday!
Chark




2 comments:

  1. super fun and colorfull card! thanks a lot for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - and one of my favourite books!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!