Sunday, March 17, 2019

Hap-pea Challenge

The Lawnfawnatics Challenge this month is Book, Movie or Song inspiration...and I've been so inspired by all the beautiful DT projects and the entries. 



This is my third entry to this challenge and I hope to squeeze one more in before it closes tomorrow. My book for two of my cards is Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and illustrated by Jen Corace. The other Little Pea card is on my IG account here. 




For my first card, I felt that it wasn't as polished as it could be, so I searched the Lawn Fawn blog and decided that I loved the card made by Yainea at Lawn Fawn...I loved that she made a circular background to add the peas to. I colored all my images with Prismacolor pencils and used Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron for the inking and stamping. I definitely think this card looks more professional, but still fun.


I love this set since it reminds me of one of my and my kids' favorite books when they were younger. Guess what my daughter (the librarian) said when she saw this card? "Little Pea!" so I showed her the book sitting on my work space and we said a couple favorite lines.

Thanks for the fun challenge, the DT inspiration, Yainea, and the Be Hap-pea stamp set, Lawn Fawn!

Happy Saturday!
Chark





6 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!