Sunday, December 22, 2019

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I can't believe we're just a couple days away from Christmas. My family exchanges gifts on Christmas Eve, Santa brings stockings on Christmas Day and somewhere in there we do a family celebration with my husband's brothers and aunts. That's the big family gathering, with tons of food, presents, talking, laughing and hugging. This is the tree from this year.




I love catching up with all the nieces and nephews and there are 11 on my husband's side of the family. Our aunts are in their 80s and are a hoot and a holler. They're around 5 feet, Italian through and through and opinionated as all get out. They're hilarious and they are loved by everyone who meets them, practically...but I'm guessing Aunt Katie has ruffled a few feathers in her life. Aunt Mae is the exact opposite of that. My favorite perfect example of this is when Aunt Katie told her younger sister, "you're cold, put on a sweater." And Aunt Mae did!



This is a tag I just finished with some vintage elves from an old postcard, tiny words from Cosmo Cricket and poinsettias made with a die I won from Poppy Stamps. I went for the grunge look and used a tag I had already painted and foiled lightly. The black stars are foam and the candy cane I made from a pipe cleaner that was already red and white. I used a Pitt Artist's marker for edging.



This last Christmas card I'm sharing uses a Power Poppy digital on kraft paper. I love white pencil on craft. I used white Uniball pen and some light colored pencil too. The plaid paper is Carta Bella.



Happy Holidays!
Chark






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!