Friday, May 22, 2020

Dragonflies Make Me Happy

I have a fabulous cover die from Stamplorations that I can't get enough of...I have a stack of these die cut from different papers just waiting to be used and I thought I'd share a couple here.

This first one (my entry for the Stamplorations Spring Fling Linky Hop) is in white cardstock and the background is watercolor on Bristol paper. The body is done in Stickles and the eyes are dimensional clear and glittery from Stickles and Tonic Crystal Glaze. I edged the card in silver washi tape and used a little white gel pen on the wings.


This one uses a piece of Bristol cardstock that I watercolored with ink smooshing and Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers. I backed it with text paper from an old book and actually Did Not Use any glitter products...wha?! I felt like the die was colorful enough as is. I entered this project through IG in the Linky Hop.



I love large cover plate dies that take up the front of a card, especially cool ones like this that need very few additions. I could've added a sentiment but I just didn't want to cover any of it up.

I'm planning to enter project #1 from here in the Spring Fling Stamplorations hop...you have until May 31 to join in to win prizes.


Happy Friday!
Chark


2 comments:

  1. I love that gorgeous watercolour background against the white die cut. Thank you for joining the STAMPlorations Spring Fling Blog Hop and Linky party with your beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You showcased this beautiful coverplate wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!