Saturday, June 6, 2020

It's A Bird! Journaling with Julie 5

So, my sister and I are each completing the art journal prompts from this fab book by Tamara LaPorte—it's on sale here at Dick Blick I noticed. Julie and I live a couple states apart, but we try to work on the same lesson at the same time and then share our results. This week's lesson was a Quirky Bird and it was super fun and easy.



We used watercolors and doodles to make them. It's supposed to be a representation of you, so my bird is holding a pen and book and Julie's has glasses. Here's my bird in the early stages of watercoloring.



And here's the finished version after markers and doodles and lettering. The quote on the book is something my husband's Aunt Mae said about me once. I took it as a compliment.


This is my sister's version. I really like the black background and the intricate symbol she drew. 



Are you doing any collaborative art projects during this crazy time? I'm joining in some challenges to try to keep my art going so I don't get discouraged with life right now. Art heals and I'm determined to keep a positive outlook and hope for a better world.

Happy Weekend!
Chark




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!