Friday, November 20, 2020

There's No Place Like Gnome

I admit I finally joined in the gnome craze, because My Favorite Stamps have the cutest gnome stamps. I stamped and colored the gnome with Parkoo alcohol markers and then I swear I was trying to join a MFT challenge using Orange, Red, Blue and Yellow...but I'll be darned where I saw the challenge. MFT runs a color and sketch challenge, but these colors weren't either of the last two challenges. So, basically, this little guy just wanted to be on a card and not in a challenge!


I made the sky by using water and the beautiful blue in my Viviva Colorsheets to smoosh the card panel into. Then I fussy cut the scene I made, popped it on the dry background and added a rainbow from Sizzix, hand cut some clouds (cuz I was too lazy to find the cloud die) and added a sentiment from Taylored Expressions. I'm an affiliate for the colorsheets, but I looove how handy and saturated these are. I keep them in a pencil case with a water brush and I'm good to go at a moment's notice.




I did manage to make a balloon card for the November MFT balloon birthday project challenge. These dragons from MFT are stinkin' cute and I added the background castle and sun/cloud stamps. I drew in the balloons and hills. I used my fave Prismacolor pencils to color and used white gel pen and black marker to differentiate the grass.


Do you enjoy challenges? Sometimes they're the only things that motivate to make things—because, one, prizes and two, there's a specific theme, company, color scheme, etc. I've had these stamps for a long while and finally used them because of the real and imagined challenges. ha!

Happy Friday!
Chark



2 comments:

  1. Hi Chark, thank you for the heads up about my prize, Kerry gave me a heads up the other day, so I have already spent my gift card and await my goodies. I was delighted to win because the store was UK, I won $20 the other week and I had to ask them to give it to someone else because I would have paid out a lot more than the prize on tax and shipping. In fact I was thinking of giving up the challenges.unless the prize is a downloadable. I usually do LeighSBDesigns challenges and this is my second year doing the coffee one, the 25 days of Christmas tags and the cat lovers one. Your cards are lovely and those dragons are so cute. I looked up the Viviva sheets, that’s an interesting concept. They are a very convenient way of carrying watercolours and I can see you recommend them. I have been using watercolour pencils recently. Take care Angela

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!