Friday, July 16, 2021

It's A Bird, It's a Plane!

I found the cutest superhero and comic stamps at Whimsy Stamps and had to buy them. Our family is kind of big on comics. And we are definitely team Marvel and not DC, though Wonder Woman is a total badass and I love her. I knew I'd get a lot of use from these stamps since my husband has three brothers who love Marvel comics, and my sister and I used to read Archie and horror comics. Plus, our kids enjoyed comics too. At any rate, these stamps are going to be used. 



For my very first superhero card, I made a birthday card for my hubby. The hero is from a free online clipart site and the comic cover is Whimsy. I used my alcohol markers from Parkoo and I love how it turned out. Inside I used the other stamp set called Bam! You're Old and it reads, "and just like that Bam! You're 53 my MARVELous friend."


The next one is for my brother-in-law, who's a Silver Surfer fan. It's another clipart I trimmed to fit. The cityscape is from the stamp set and I did a little masking to stamp it inside the green area. Again, I used alcohol markers. I tried for a kind of "exploding" look to the green area and didn't go for a smooth coloring finish. I don't know if I like it as much.


This Archie one was for my sister. I can't think of comic books without thinking of her. We used to get a pile and read during lunch. I remember it being rainy and eating chicken noodle soup, but that can't be how it was every time...lolol.


My most recent card is this one. I used a dotted stencil I had to mimic a comic book and then trimmed three small panels and mounted them on black cardstock. This one is for my 30-year-old nephew! and it reads of course, "You're Old, my MARVELous Friend" inside.



That's it for today, but I have to admit, I'm glad I got these stamps and I'm not finished yet!

Happy Friday, my MARVELous friend!
Chark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!