Monday, August 12, 2013

A Little Alcohol Ink Never Hurts

If you've never tried Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks, you should! They're beautiful and mix together in fun and cool ways. For these projects, I broke out the inks and wore old clothes and used newspaper to protect my project surface (because they tend to stain). In minutes, I had the coolest colored embellies.



This first project uses Stampbord, a really cool material that takes inking and stamping beautifully. The pieces are sized for use in jewelry or cards or scrapbook layouts. I made some magnets with them as well. I dripped the inks on, let them dry and then used Staz-On black ink and rubber stamps for the dog and Eiffel Tower. Then I added bling and scratched the Paris one with an Exacto. I used clear stickers from SRM Stickers for the ones I'll use on a birthday card. The Stampboard is thick, but that's what makes it sturdy enough for jewelry.



I dripped ink onto white glossy photo paper and then the butterflies and stars were punched from the paper.


Here I dripped the inks on vellum, added an outline sticker and cut out. These would work great on a Christmas layout.


The last one is from my card posted here. I just used the alcohol inks, vellum and blue embossing powder to make these feathers. I think the key to making them look realistic is to cut into the feather as you cut them out.

So, do you have some alcohol inks? Do you love em? 
Have a Great Week!
Chark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!