Monday, April 20, 2015

Rainy Days And Mondays

Yep, it's raining and it's Monday. I'm not really down like the song says, but I am dying for a nap and I've only been up for two hours. I blame the gloomy day outside...snuggling in bed seems like a great idea. But first, I'll share a gift bag I made for my niece's bridal shower.

I started with a huge white bag from Hobby Lobby, then added a piece of 12x12 Mr. & Mrs. scrapbook paper from there and added paper roses I made with burgundy cardstock. The bunting I made from really old paper I won—I just freehand cut the shape, hole punched and threaded ribbon through. Easy to make, although it took forever to glue the roses. Making them takes a minute or two, but then I fussed with the shape and width and then finally used some liquid glue to secure them, which takes awhile to dry.



Here's a close-up of the paper roses. I used two sheets of 12x12 cardstock. The biggest rose is one sheet by itself. Here's a tutorial on felt roses that I applied to paper roses. Works just the same. Start with a basic circle and then spiral cut and roll. You can ink the edges of the paper after assembling the roses if you want more depth.



Happy Monday! Off to napzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Chark

1 comment:

  1. I love that bag! The roses are so beautiful! The bag is like a gift all by itself!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog the other day. SOOoooo sorry it took me so long to get back to you. :(
    It's rainy and cold here too and I am ready for my nap too! LOL!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!