Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Don't Blink...Don't Even Blink. Blink and You're Sorry.*

If you're a fan of Dr. Who, that quote may make sense in this context. My son just got some Lego-like figures from the Dr. Who tv show and we played the board game Sorry with them, instead of with the regular pieces. It was pretty fun. We've done this a lot according to his latest obsession. We've played Monopoly with Star Wars figures, Clue with Harry Potter mini figs and once we just made up a dice game and played for Avengers guys. It's cheaper than buying each themed game (although we do have Scooby Doo Clue and R2D2 Trouble) and it's fun to mix up the old board games. Here's a pic from the other night. The Dr. Who figures are from the bookstore, 2nd and Charles.




And this photo is of a card I made for my cousin, who's in the hospital, improving each day. The star punch and bg paper is from Creative Memories and the butterfly is Hero Arts. I used Distress Inks to color the butterfly and Diamond Stickles to glam it up. Have I mentioned how much I like Stickles? I realize how much every time I try to use traditional glitter. I still get a stray glitter piece on my cheek, but not like the days when I use glue and glitter, when I find stray pieces everywhere. You should see my kitchen table right now!

Happy Wednesday, and check back on Friday for an April giveaway!
*The quote is actually "Blink and You're Dead" and it's one scary episode. 
Chark

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I pray your cousin heals up soon Chark~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! I WANT THOSE FIGURES!!!!!! LOL! Your card is gorgeous, Chark! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the first Dalek on amazon for like $8. At the book store, you have to buy them blind, you never know what you're going to get but they're $4. Ben got three of the Doctor. You want one?

      Delete
  3. I recognized that quote right away ! Both of my teenagers LOVE Dr Who. Found a Tardis DVD holder as part of my sons graduation present. Shhhhh! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, nice! I'm searching for a puzzle for my son's 13th bday! shhh!

      Delete
  4. Love the butterfly on the card!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!