Monday, August 26, 2013

Miniature Monday

CHECK OUT HOW TO WIN SOME CRAFTY GOODIES ON THIS POST OR COMMENT BELOW ON TODAY'S POST! Winner announced Saturday, August 31st.

Little things make me smile. It's true, I've always loved little bitty things—dollhouses and their contents, mini M&Ms and really anything in miniature. So today I have some itty bitty cute things to show you. 

I just loved this tiny chick pirate stamp (an oldie from A-muse Studios) so much, I bought him with no real use in mind. I just wanted it! I did end up making little tiny cards that say "Hey, chick, How arrrr you?" and justified his purchase. These (and the little angel) are stamped on cotton muslin and colored with pencils and copics. Keep in mind, the markers bleed a bit. 



Here's a mini card I made with the mini stamp.


I used mini bottle caps to make embellies. I flattened them with a couple of hammer taps and added buttons, pearls and a letter sticker. Really easy and a glue dot will hold them on the page well. 


Here are some more miniatures to hopefully make you smile. I made a mini chick out of the same cotton above and sewed it (I am the world's worst seamstress) and stuffed it. I painted it after with acrylic paints. The paint stiffens the fabric but I liked how it turned out, flaws and all.


I also made this little buckeye guy, he's made from Sculpey. He used to have little wire arms and legs, but he kept falling over, so I removed them. Still not sure if he needs them. But I'm keeping him...and naming him Buckeye Bill. No reason. Tho I am from Ohio and we are the Buckeye state, so that's reason enough.


And just for fun, here is the little Beanie Baby Ghost I just bought at Cracker Barrel...again, no reason except I had to have him and his total cuteness. 


And a miniature Han Solo in carbonite, just cuz.


The mini goldfish I won from Muffa Miniatures awhile ago. I love him so much! She crochets little guys with pin-sized crochet hooks. Amazing! And you can buy her patterns on her etsy site by the same name. Love!


That's it for today! Have a mini cup of tea or a mini cupcake today just because you can!
Chark


1 comment:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!