Friday, September 13, 2013

Oopsie Bread? Yeeaahhh, no.

So, on the weight-loss plan I'm trying (The 100 by Jorge Cruise) you limit your sugar calories—read carbs. And this is one Hungarian who loves her bread, so I had to try the Oopsie Bread recipe here. I read the reviews and everyone seemed to agree that it's not exactly bread, but it'll do in a pinch if you store it overnight in a plastic bag and don't eat it right out of the oven.



Looks good, right? It's just so not. It's like eating an egg dish without the texture of eggs. It was odd at best. I tried it toasted with butter. I tried it plain. I tried it with cheese and pizza sauce. That was probably my favorite way to eat it because you couldn't really taste it. I'd rather eat lo-carb tortillas or bread or something and count the carbs toward my daily total. This isn't the recipe for me, unlike the cake and cauliflower bake that I posted about earlier. 

Gotta be some duds, right? This was a dud imo. 

Here's a little crafty fun I had. I ordered two digi stamps from Hannh Lynn Art. She also has rubber stamps, if you're interested. I got Alice in Wonderland and this Steampunk Girl, called Miss Mirabelle. Doncha love em? I used Prismacolor pencils to color and then Gamsol on two of the three. You can see the difference in the Steampunk Girl between leaving it with pencil marks and smoothed out with the Gamsol. I think I'm going to have to go back for the Queen of Hearts and the Priscilla Witch on her broom.




Love her stuff and love my new stamps!
Happy Weekend!
Chark



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Charlene! Cutting back on sugar and carbs are the hardest things. Instead of cutting back on sugar and bread, I try to eat more fruits and vegetable and eat whole grain (it's alright!!). Good luck on your diet!Love your coloring of the digie images!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!