Monday, October 14, 2013

Are You My Mummy?*

You are not my mummy, you are a vase (apologies to P.D. Eastman and Are You My Mother?). 

I have an easy and fun craft for anyone today. 

1. Mix half white glue (I used Elmer's) and half water in a paint cup. 
2. Tear pieces of white tissue paper to look like bandages. 
3. Using any glass container (this one is a glass from the dollar store), paint the glue mixture on the glass and then add a piece of tissue paper. 
4. Paint more glue mixture on the paper and layer the white papers with the glue mixture as you go. 
5. When your glass is covered, do one last glue layer and let dry. 
6. Attach googly eyes with the white glue and you're all finished. 

Now, add some black roses and display your mummy vase for Halloween. You can also use it to hold wrapped candies if you use a bowl instead of a glass. This should take about 15 minutes to complete and some extra time for drying. Easy Halloween craft for you or the kids!



Happy Monday and enjoy your National Dessert Day with a little treat! I had a caramel frosted cupcake for breakfast. What a great holiday this is.
*this is also a Dr. Who reference from an episode that freaks me out!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!