Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Whatcha Doin? Muffin Much.

I tried this recipe for low-carb muffins and really enjoyed them! I added slivers of apple because I had a hankering for some seasonal treats, and it was so little apple, I figured I could handle the extra carbs. 

If you're like me and you enjoy your baked goods, try these instead of stopping at the muffin shop. They're very satisfying. No idea where the original muffin recipe came from, but found it on a forum for Jorge Cruise recipes. I named it too, since it didn't have one.


I Love Me Some Muffins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Dry ingredients:
3/4 cup almond meal/flour
3 packets Truvia
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 Tbsp cinnamon
Generous pinch of salt


Other ingredients:
3 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 dash pure vanilla extract


Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix in beaten egg, oil, and vanilla until well blended. Spray muffin tin generously with non-stick spray. Pour batter into each muffin cup, dividing evenly (my batter filled each cup around 1/3 of the way). Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool slightly, then pop 'em out of the muffin tin.


Have a good rest of the week--back tomorrow with another post. Blogger hated me on Monday. Bad Blogger. Go lay down.

Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!