Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby, It's Ridiculously Cold Outside!

Hope wherever you are that you're safe and warm! Our temps are below zero, but not Minnesota cold, so I won't complain. But I do think I'm might be a snowbird when I'm retired. A nice Floridian home would be good right about now. In honor of the cold and snow we just got, here's a Snowman Pin. 


This is a piece of Stampbord, which you can get at Dick Blick. I used Cranberry Alcohol Ink for the background. 


I stamped an older Studio G snowman stamp, this one is a clear stamp, with Staz-On black ink and then used a craft knife to etch the Stampbord. The white parts are just the etched board showing through. I added some Diamond Stickles, because I love them and plan to marry them, and then added a pin back. It's a pretty quick project and now I have a pin for my coat now that Christmas has gone.

Happy Winter, my friends, it's definitely here!
Chark

2 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOVE your etching-- what a clever idea! TOTALLY need to CASE that! FUN <3


    THANKS so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love <3 HUGS <3

    ps.. I hope you stay warm!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!