Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I Don't Think We're in Kansas Anymore

This is a page I did for our travel scrapbook—the entire reason I even started scrapping was to record our journeys to all 50 states, in alphabetical order. We're saving Alaska and Hawaii for when we have pots of money sitting about (airfare is crazy expensive to these places!) but we are up to the M's this year. Whew! That's a lot of states. And we started 13 years ago, so you can imagine that first page for Alabama.

On the Kansas trip, the big thing for me was to get to Oz Museum, which we did, so it's featured on the page. The photo of Judy Garland is on an ivory card that opens for the journaling. Each of our travel pages has the state nickname and shape somewhere on the page. Kansas is the Sunflower State btw, and I used the gorgeous Graphic 45 Oz paper for the layout and sparkly red thickers for the title.


Wish me luck on this year's vacation, as we'll be fitting in three M states. Maine, Maryland and Massachusetts are on the road trip. It's a bit of a drive from Ohio, so we're fitting as many in as we can.

Happy Vacation Planning to you, if you're already thinking ahead too!
Chark

1 comment:

  1. So cute....love your Kansas layout with the cute photos and Oz cards. I am ashamed to say that I haven't visited the Oz Museum yet and I live in Kansas. Good luck with your vacation this summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!