Friday, July 11, 2014

Color Me Happy!

I'm not sure why, but I love to color. I have to be in the right mood, but it's fun and soothing and kinda cool to play with color. I like to draw occasionally as well, but I rarely color my own images.

Instead, I pick beautiful work by other artists by using stamps or digi art. I found A Day For Daisies digital stamp shop awhile ago and looovvee her art! And, this generous woman shares her images with short-time-only freebies. This one if free right now if you have ribbon causes to support. 



I found all three of these at her shop, and I purchased the mermaid for just $4.00. The images are usually $4 or on sale for $2 and you can find digi stamps of children, food, fairies, mermaids, mothers and dozens of other gorgeous images.



I used Prismacolor pencils and a little gamsol, although I used less in this one and you can see the pencil marks in the dress. You can also see my test marks on the side—turns out I don't have a good brown, although I literally bought three more the other day, thinking one would be a good skin/hair color. I have 5 browns I think and none are my fave. I mix them usually to get the shade I want.



For the mermaid, I tried to make her skin yellow/green with some gray and brown mixed in, but not loving it. And the gamsol smeared some colors I didn't want mixed. I like her hair, but that's about it. I'll try her again soon.



Here's a sneak peek at my project on a2z Scrapbooking Supplies this week if you wanna check it out. You can use CHARK15 for a 15% discount at the shop! I am such an enabler :)



Oh, and book cover of the week this week is Animals of the Ocean, in Particular the Giant Squid.


The cover is fine, but really the text is the funny part. It gets shelved in non-fiction here locally but it's as non-fiction as Harry Potter. Inside this book you'll find squid dating dos and don'ts, how to greet animals (some prefer the fist bump), long-term effects of salt water on musical theatre and why squids don't watch black and white tv.

Hope you have a fab Friday and weekend!
Chark

1 comment:

  1. Wow! your coloring is fantastic! Love how you have colored these images!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!