Friday, January 23, 2015

I Love Crafty Magazines!

I hate seeing magazines shut down, especially crafty ones that inspire me. Since PaperCrafts just shut its doors, I thought I'd bring you some links to others that are still publishing if you're going through withdrawal. 

If you're like me and love a good magazine for inspiration, you can't go wrong with Stampington magazines. I just ordered a year of Somerset Studio magazine, one of my favorites that I get by single issue at Jo Ann Fabrics or the bookstore. They have the biggest variety of mags for crafters of any one company I know.



They're expensive, but worth it and this subscription is on sale right now. I used my Christmas money to treat myself. Normally a year is $53.00 but it's $32.99 right now, so I snapped it up. These are quality magazines with tons of inspiration and instruction and they are keepers. I have all the single issues I've purchased on my bookshelf still.

They also have a Take Ten mag for cardmakers (each card takes just ten minutes to make) and several jewelry, sewing, and just all-around crafty options...if you're interested, pop over to their site here and check it out. And these are hefty mags too...not a few glossy pages, but great 100+ pages for some of these.

Craft Stamper is also a magazine that is geared toward cardmakers. My DT buddies, Kymona and Zoey are on their DT too and they have giveaways on their site. It's a UK mag with lots of inspiration.



Another great magazine for scrappers and cardmakers is Scrapbook & Cards Today...you can get a digi copy or paper copy.There are tons of familiar names in this one and Megan Hoeppner from Creating Keepsakes is on the blog, so it's a great blog too. And, yep, giveaways there too!



No projects from me to share today cuz I'm lazy and stuff(ok, I'm just feeling less than 100% well)...but I'll do some projects this weekend and be back on Monday with some fresh projects on the blog. 

In the meantime, you can pop over to the blogs above for giveaways and inspiration and tell me if you have a fave craft magazine or book.

Happy Friday!
Chark



1 comment:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!