Monday, May 4, 2015

We Don't Need No Education

Thanks, Pink Floyd for making this the anthem for the end of the school year. It's way better than the chant "No more classes, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks." I mean Another Brick in The Wall rocks!



We're winding down the school year here, so I thought I'd bring you a little teacher gift, if you happen to like your child's teacher and think that your kids do, in fact, need an education. We have a lot of teachers in our family and I just don't think I could pull it off. Unless you're talking about college, where in theory they want to be. At any rate, teachers rock and they can't get too many gifts imo.



I took a crayon "cigar" box and dressed it up with school patterned paper and adorable Imaginisce die cuts. These are old and I got them from The Flower Factory, which is the only place I've seen them. But I love them, so here they are. I also used DCWV chalkboard paper and a white colored pencil to write my name. I use this box for my markers. The washi tape is taking a beating, so you might want to use duct tape to reinforce the edges.



It's a fairly easy project (just measure the paper, cut and adhere with any adhesive) and I'm sure you can find other school-themed papers and stickers (Scrapbook.com has Simple Stories and Doodlebug Design here) if you can't locate these.

Hope you have a fun Monday!
Chark

2 comments:

  1. What a cute teacher gift. I was singing along as soon as I read the title ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute! Love that song too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!