Monday, May 23, 2016

Dorothy in Full Color

I made a Dorothy card for my oldest sister's upcoming birthday. Me and my two older sisters have a thing for the movie The Wizard of Oz...mostly I think because we always sat down together at Easter time to watch it and for girls who are 11 years and 7 years apart, finding something we could all agree on was kinda rare.

There's something magical about the Oz story, literally and figuratively. A girl can go on adventures by herself (okay, with her dog), be alone, make friends, make enemies, be scared and be brave and then end up safe and sound back home. Plus, she gets to wear fabulous shoes and sing wonderful songs!

Here's my card featuring Latina Crafter's Dorothy clear stamp. They have some cool products and they're based in the U.S. They usually support the Coffee Loving Blog Hop and that's how I found them. I still have some wood veneer nerd glasses I haven't used yet--they're too cute!






Since the opening sequence of the movie, starring Judy Garland, were filmed in sepia (but then shown in black and white for some reason), You get to see the sepia/color versions of the card :)

I added the plaid to the skirt and Red Xmas Stickles to her shoes and lips.

And here's one of my favorite Pentatonix songs called The Wizard of Ahhhs...they are an amazing a cappella group and my daughter introduced me to this compilation song. 



Happy Monday!
Chark




6 comments:

  1. Darling image and you used it so beautifully, Charlene! Thanks for sharing Pentatonix( I am a fan of their music)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamp and the two versions! How did you do the sepia colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all I did was change my color photo to sepia in the free Picasa program :)

      Delete
  3. Such a fun post! Thanks for sharing that video and you wonderful card. I love the little gingham plaid you gave her!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!