Monday, September 12, 2016

Altenew Peony Project

I love my Altenew Peony stamp and use it way more than I should—I think my other stamps are jealous! I tried using it with different media like watercolors, markers and colored pencil and now I'm trying it on different media. Here it is on wood. 



This is a little wood tag from a Mason jar set of different sized wood tags, presumably to decorate your Mason jars, but I thought they were the perfect size for keychains and maybe even a bracelet, if you use the smaller piece. So, here it is in keychain form.

I started with Copics, knowing they would bleed a bit, and they did. I didn't color too closely to the stamped image for just that reason. And then I worried I'd hurt my nib, so I switched to Distress Inks and a dauber.

After I got the color where I wanted it, I used colored pencils to sharpen the dark and light areas. You can see the white pencil in the close-up.



And it took me all of 20 minutes to get this look. These would be lovely and fast little gifts, once you attach the keychain fob.

Do you ever stamp on anything other than paper? It's fun!

Happy Monday!
Chark


3 comments:

  1. Wow super nice! That flower looks great! I have done a couple things on balsa wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Karen, I'm kinda liking the wood stamping!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful result you achieved on the wood and what a great idea! Your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!