Friday, December 2, 2016

Make A Gift Day

I kinda can't believe it's Friday already, some weeks seem to fly by, don't they? I think I need some crafty time to get myself back on track, but I'm so behind on phone calls and paperwork that I'm going to have to spend all day doing that before I get to the craft room (and I mean my kitchen table when I say craft room).

But, luckily, tomorrow is National Make a Gift Day, so I have an excuse to craft! What kind of crafty gifts have you made for people? I've made jewelry with Mod Podge jewelry resin and book quotes to fit the bezel, little stuffed animals made from felt, earrings from clay, and scrapbooks.

Not sure what I'm making this year, but since my niece/goddaughter always comes up with cool things she's made (earrings, candles), I at least need to make something cool for her too.

Here are some great ideas from Pinterest for gift giving. I've actually made these comic book coasters. I made horror comics coasters for my sister, Julie, who introduced me to horror comics as  a kid, and basically warped me.





This would be so easy to make! I love how alcohol inks make glass look like stained glass. 



I haven't made any of these ideas yet, just enjoying them on Pinterest. But here's a great gift to make if you're giving a Nerf gun for the holidays—it's a spinning target. We used to set up little action figures and stuffed animals to try to knock over when Nerf guns were big in our house. This would've been better!



I love this idea, though I'd probably ask for help for cutting them out, since I am so bad at cutting! Seriously, I can't always get a straight cut with a paper trimmer, let alone a craft knife. But it's a very cool craft.



And I can't leave without a glittery gift you can give...or make and keep for yourself, glittery wine glasses.


Let me know if you are making anything crafty this year or your favorite gift you've received that someone made...my sisters gave me a picture frame full of pics of the three of us for my wedding gift and I love it so much, it's still up in my house, 26 years later. They also left some blank spots for future pics of us, isn't that the coolest?!

Also, I'm up on the a2z Scrapbooking Blog today, with this project, and there's a new December Challenge of Anything But A Card, so I hope you'll break our your Hero Arts goodies and join in.


Happy Friday!
Chark


2 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!