Monday, January 9, 2017

National Hobby Month

I didn't even know there was a Hobby Month until Michael's told me in an email...so helpful of them! And while they were telling me that, they offered me some coupons. Now, I can't resist a good sale or coupon, so of course, I'm trying to decide what I actually need vs. what I want. That's the trouble with hobbies, they expand to fill your space!

Even if your hobby is collecting baseball cards, you'll need a bunch of binders and page protectors to go along with your cards and future cards, so those little guys add up to a lot of space taken up in the closet.

One hobby I enjoy but really don't do enough is scrapbooking. I love creating a page and journaling and putting down memories in writing so I don't forget. When I first started, I wondered how people could forget they had a product and then purchase it twice--I read someone had done that in a forum. Now, of course, I've become one of "those" people :)



This page is from two years ago, when I was invited to be a Guest Detective at CSI here. That was pretty fun...you have to take some of the clues and evidence and then put them together in a page.

If you're interested in checking them out, their blog is now here.

Another hobby I've picked up recently is wood burning. It's challenging but cool and I enjoy it. Here's a project I made with a wooden word from Michael's...or JoAnn's. After burning the design in, I colored with Distress Inks.



I love to bake as a hobby too. Cooking I only do as a must, baking I do because it's fun and tasty!
One thing I'm itching to try is the thin cookie recipe here. Sometimes I like a soft cookie, but lately, thin and crispy seems to be winning me over.



So what are your hobbies? Anything you'd like to try but haven't yet? I've tried needle felting and I'm not that good at it, but I have my supplies, so whenever the mood strikes, I'll give it another shot.

How can you see cuties like this and not want to make them yourself? You can buy them here, but I just want to make them so I can have all of them!



Happy Hobby Month!
Chark






4 comments:

  1. Wow what fun post!! The scrapbook page looks wonderful! Stunning wood project and the cookies looks so yummy. Needle felting is new to me, I used to do a bit of embroidery, but since I found card making that hobby went to the back burner and stayed there!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Cindy, and don't throw out those embroidery supplies, you might pick it back up someday!

      Delete
  2. Fun hobbies! I've dabbled in many things over the years. I'm like you and don't scrapbook nearly enough but I have plenty of supplies! Card making is now my favorite. I also dabble in beading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could do beading but I'm so inept. My sister and sister-in-law make jewelry but I can't even do the jump rings right. I'm jump ring challenged...I've even watched videos, but my hand says nope! when I go to manipulate those little pliers.

      Delete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!