Monday, August 7, 2017

Let It Be

I'm a huge Beatles fan and when I saw the Let It Be digi stamp at Power Poppy, I knew I needed it...and I was so happy to learn it was FREE! So I snapped it up when getting some other digis. For their challenge this month, you're supposed to mix and match 2 stamps. I took a rose stamp from them (also a digi) and the Let It Be stamp and combined them.



I took the rose image, converted it to line art with no background in CorelDraw and then added the roses to the word art. After printing, I colored with Prismacolor pencils and mounted it on colored paper. The corners are copper metallic stickers. Love the classy touch. It's hard to see the shine on them, but it is pretty irl.




I saw a video where the artist used black pencil to darken her images and tried it here. It actually worked fine and I like how the flowers pop. I added some white Prismacolor pencil after all the purples, but I also left some parts of the flowers almost white.

I'm entering this in the challenge here...join in if you're feeling it! You have all month to enter.


Thought I'd take a moment and let you know there's a new challenge blog starting up called Mini Album Makers. I love mini albums, though I only have about 4, but I'm excited to see the new blog. If you pop over and follow them, you can be entered to win.




Happy Monday!
Chark




2 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!