Thursday, January 25, 2018

Baby Shower Card with Doodlebug

I love Doodlebug Design products, they are always cute, always great colors and just always want to come and live at my house. And sometimes, I even use them, like this Under the Sea mermaid.

On this baby shower card, I watercolored a background by smooshing and then added a mermaid I just fussy cut (imperfectly on purpose) from a sheet of paper. I added bubble-looking gems and a ribbon. The sentiment is from another collection that isn't Doodlebug and has been in my stash forever. It's past time to start using some old stuff.



The mermaid is covering a part of the paper that ran together and made an unattractive color. But she certainly helps save this panel. I popped her up with foam tape and added rhinestones to her shells. I actually considered glitter, as always, but I thought the bubbles were enough. Crazy, I know!

Here are the bubble gems in close-up view.



Happy Thursday (because I totally thought it was Wednesday today)! See you tomorrow for a normal MWF post.

Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!