Friday, January 26, 2018

Where the Wild Things Are

So, I found this paper from Paper House Productions and it has the iconic book characters from Where the Wild Things Are...since my daughter is an elementary school librarian and she needed a baby shower card, I made her the fastest card ever. 

I trimmed a panel from the 12x12 paper and adhered it at an angle to some dotted paper and added twine. I frayed the ends of the knot, because, well, they're wild! And though this shot doesn't show it, I added some matte gold sequins to the card. I just felt it needed something. And regular gold sequins wouldn't have worked for this card. I used Nuvo clear drops on his scales and horns and on the boy's crown for texture. Ta Da! Ready to go in 5 minutes!


This baby shower card was just as fast...the sequin elephant is a sticker from my stash...ever have something crafty so long you forget where it came from? Yep, that's this elephant. (I searched google for sequin elephant sticker and this ebay listing came up if you need your own).

I bought it years ago and it just sat there. Finally I figured it was time to use him. I used some School Days paper (yep, old stuff from my stash) and yellow cardstock and this one was finished too! 

Inside I stamped a sentiment, which I stamped crooked, so I re-stamped it on the yellow cardstock and adhered that over the messed up one. That took the longest. I ought to know by now not to stamp directly in a card!


And my last baby shower card uses a free stamp I got when I ordered some stamps but I can't even remember who sent it...that's when you know it's time to stop buying stuff! It's so sweet and small. I used a watercolor background and purple ribbon. Getting that watercolor just right took me the longest time. Too dark, too crooked, too whatever. But this one worked for me.


Happy Friday!
Chark

1 comment:

  1. Three fabulous cards, Char! That is one wild card with your great extra little details. Both baby cards are sweet and fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!