Friday, June 22, 2018

National Pink Day

Saturday is National Pink Day, which is apparently a thing, so I'm jumping on board to be the first to wish you Happy Pink Day!



I have to admit I was a girl who loved pink, loved unicorns, Barbies and dresses and was generally just a basic girly-girl. What set me apart from a generic girly-girl was that I wanted a Hot Wheels racetrack for Christmas too, along with the Barbies, and I wanted my bedroom painted a classic peach pink instead of bubblegum pink and when any of the neighborhood boys said "she can't do that," I'd by-God try. Which led to me jumping their homemade bike ramp and running into their house and hearing, "Awwww, you're gonna get in trouble." I didn't, but I did clear the pop can obstacle on my white and blue banana seat bike. Take that, Moore boys. That's me on the bike circa 1975 in my side yard.


Now I'm a big fan of blues and teals but pink still has a place in my heart, even though I tried hard not to be too gender strict with my daughter. She still had plenty of pink stuff (you kinda couldn't avoid it in the 90s) but her Barbies were all career Barbies (firefighter, police officer, teacher) and multi-ethnic. We even had the flat-footed Barbie and a bendable one that sat in a wheelchair. It was pretty forward-thinking for the times. Now you can get Barbie in all shapes and sizes, which is kind of fabulous, but Midge won't be able to share clothes with Kira anymore, so they'll need their own wardrobes...devious, Mattel, devious.


So, now that you know it's Pink Day on Saturday, what will you do to celebrate? Have a nice ombre pink drink at Starbucks? 




Or create a pink-themed card for the day like this one from Cassie at Your Next Stamp?



Maybe you'll buy some pink products like this Nuvo glitter paste. Yum!


You could donate to the Pink Ribbon Girls or download a Pink song...or just put on some cute pink donut earrings. I'm going to have to do something to celebrate because I totally would've celebrated it as a little girl. 



Happy Friday,
Chark






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!