Saturday, October 26, 2019

What Flower Are You?

Over at Power Poppy Stamps, one of the challenges this month is What Flower Are You? And that was easy for me. While I love the smell of carnations, the look of hydrangeas and the Old World Rose I've got growing in the flower bed, I'd have to say I'm more of a lilac. I love lilacs, I was in a play in college where I sang about lilacs (and drew the poster design with lilacs), my mom had lilacs all over our yard, and I'm an April baby, so spring (when lilacs are in bloom) is kind of special to me.


I love the florals at Power Poppy and this is one of my favorites. I used some blues (colored pencils, watercolor markers and then glitter markers) for this one, even though the lilacs at my moms are purple because I like blue!



You can see a tiny bit of the sparkle on the top flowers in this pic, but irl, it's got lots of glitter.


The beautiful papers are Carta Bella Flower Market. I enjoyed coloring this image...and kept adding to it to get more color variation. If you want to join in the challenges this month (there's a new one each week), head to Power Poppy's blog.

Happy Saturday!
Chark









2 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!