Friday, June 26, 2020

Happy Chocolate Pudding Day, Puddin'

So, yay for chocolate pudding...one of those fast and easy desserts when you just need something chocolate and creamy. I love the individual puddings meant for lunch boxes but my favorite flavor, Snack Pack Chocolate Marshmallow is hard to find anymore...and I'm guessing that means they don't sell it but it was tasty good. 

My daughter loved to make instant pudding when she was a kid because it was easy and she could add in chocolate chips or marshmallows and her little brother thought she was the best :)

One of my favorite ways to make a pudding dessert is to make a chocolate cream pie with it. I will almost always order that if I find it on the menu somewhere. I've included a recipe for Chocolate Cream Pie on this blog post, even though it's my post for Lemon Cream Pie Day...I figured if Lemon  got their day, Chocolate should too.

Since it's summer and hot here in Ohio, here's a Frozen S'mores Pudding Pie recipe
from Shaken Together that uses instant chocolate pudding. I've used a similar recipe before but in addition to adding marshmallows, I added in crushed oreos, white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you want to add these in, just decrease the amount of marshmallows so you end up with less than 2 cups of additions. 



There's something really fun about this frozen pie...it's not like an ice cream pie and not creamy on account of being frozen, but it's perfect for summer. And, yep, it's an easy one! I highly recommend it! It does need 3-4 hours in the freezer before eating, so make it in the afternoon so you can have it after supper.

And, if you don't even have time for instant pudding, just put a Snack Pack pudding in a bowl and stir in some marshmallows and chocolate chips and gram crackers crumbs. It'll freeze faster too, since it's smaller...win/win.

Since it's still quarantine time, you could buy some little pudding cups and leave them on a friend's doorstep with a little note that says, "Hi, Puddin', Happy Chocolate Pudding Day!" Add in a little free clipart pudding cutie and you're good to go!


My husband has taken to saying, "Hello, Puddin'" to me like the character Ray-Ray from the Rock's version of the movie Walking Tall...I've tried to find a video clip of it, but I can't. If you're a Rock fan, you've probably seen this movie and know just what I'm talking about. However, I didn't watch that one and so I had to have it explained to me. I do think it's funny, though.

Hope you'll join me tomorrow for a special extra weekend blog hop!

Happy Friday!
Chark









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!