Friday, January 22, 2021

Girls Rule

I absolutely never say "girls rule," as I have a son and a husband and I feel like the rest of that little sentiment (boys drool) is just mean...however! Just two days ago, Vice-President Kamala Harris was sworn in and for the very first time, a woman is in the White House, 2nd-in-command of the country and shattering glass ceilings forever. GIRLS RULE, BABY!


Okay, I think I got that out of my system for now. I am just so proud of this moment in our history that I could burst. But, instead, I'll share some girl art I've done in my Whimsical Girl Art Journal.



On this page, I used Tombow Markers on the flowers and added small amounts of water. The green is all colored pencils, as is the woman. I haven't doodled nearly enough on this page but I expect some quote that I like will end up here.




And for this page, I used Tombow Markers and white Uniball gel pen to doodle the heck out of these ladies. I used light water on these images too, which turns the marker into watercolor paint.


I love this image and even though I didn't have any earth colors or good skin color markers, I have some now, so I can make even more varied skin tones or hair tones. I might go back in and see how it works to layer some of these new colors on here. Very often I forget you can do that with watercolor paints.

Hope you're feeling as hopeful as I am with the new leadership in the White House!

Happy Friday,
Chark

1 comment:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!