Friday, January 15, 2021

Dragonflies Are Cool

I've always loved watching dragonflies buzz around, flitting about and darting here and there. The first time I saw one I was in middle school and outside looking for bugs for a science project with my buddy, Rodney (who is still my good buddy). We were outside his neighborhood where presumably there was some water and bang! there it was right in front of me. I still enjoy seeing them and right after my mom passed away, a pair of them visited my front yard and window every day for a week. That seemed like a good sign, if you're the kind of person that looks for signs.

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite dragonfly dies, from Hero Arts. 

On this card, I used Hero Arts liquid watercolors on a panel of textured watercolor paper for the background. For the dragonfly wings, I used alcohol inks dripped onto glossy paper. The word dies are from Pinkfresh.


Here's a close-up of the alcohol ink wings.



For this background, I used the same textured watercolor paper, Distress Inks in blues and greens and the black. I added drips in acrylic paint and some Nuvo Drops too. I feel like a sentiment might be too busy, but if I used a large black die cut sentiment, it might be ok. I just don't know when to stop sometimes. I err on stopping too early usually.


The dragonfly is cut from double-sided adhesive with green and gold glitter applied and the attached wings are vellum.


I love that depending on the paper you use, the dragonfly die can give you a ton of different looks. If you search my blog for dragonfly, I'm sure different varieties will show up.

It's definitely not dragonfly weather here in southern Ohio right now, as it is currently snowing, but I love spring, so I'll just look forward to that.

Happy Friday!
Chark





2 comments:

  1. So fun to see the different looks of the dragonfly die gives!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!