Friday, January 29, 2021

The Magic of Oz

Today I'm sharing a box project I made by covering a sturdy box from My Favorite Things with Graphic 45 The Magic of Oz papers. I've been employing the box to hold my planner and paperwork on the kitchen table. I knew I wanted to dress up the box since it's sitting out all the time and I chose my favorite G45 Oz papers to do so. It was so quick and easy, I already have plans to cover more boxes.


I added some of the chipboard pieces included in the package and cut the main image from the paper pack cover. It's slightly shiny, while the rest isn't, but I liked that it was large, so I fussy cut it and adhered it first. 


I drew in the hot air balloon, because the sticker only has the basket and the professor in it. I added red Stickles to Dorothy's shoes, although in this re-release of this collection, they used the original illustrated silver shoes. I prefer the ruby slippers from the MGM musical. They switched to ruby to take advantage of the brilliant Technicolor process they were using.


I added different patterned papers to the sides and doodled the black and white stripes on the sides.


I colored the witch's purple legs white to match the movie too.


I lettered the quote, which is one of my favorites...Are you a good witch or a bad witch? If only we could ask everyone that question right up front when we meet someone...lolol. I used Artistro black and white acrylic markers to doodle and letter, along with the gold Uniball pen on the balloon and letters.


I spent an enjoyable evening making this box and I enjoy using it every day. Nothing quite like making a useful craft!

If you like The Wizard of Oz, here's an article from Good Housekeeping that you might find interesting—34 Wonderfully Weird Facts About The Wizard of Oz.

Happy Friday!
Chark




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!