Friday, February 5, 2021

Never Give Me a Marker and a Blank Surface

All of my notes from high school and college, as well as book margins, folders, notes to the teacher, etc. all got doodled on. Anytime I had a blank surface and a pen and some time to kill meant there'd be drawings and words and notes and swirls and eyes and whatever else I had on my mind. Sooo, when I got my brand-new Artistro Acrylic Markers about the same time I got a new, plain black glasses case, well...I got busy.

True, I did plan this one a little more than I usually do if I'm drawing on scrap paper, but aside from the quote, it all came together rather haphazardly.


I used the light green marker at first for the drawing and lettering, but switched Elphaba's outline to dark green. I had to use the black marker to cover up my mistakes, since I didn't plan ahead. And I added the poppies after a million tries to get some kind of wing or monkey in the corner. I added the sparks to "don't" just because I left too much space around the word. But after all that, I'm happy with how it turned out. I used the same markers on my phone case.


The color isn't great because I had my hubby take the pic and text it and then I screen shot it and emailed it to myself. It was a whole thing. Could've just taken my phone out of the case and then taken my own picture, but that's a hassle—lolol. At any rate, to create this, I dripped some alcohol ink on the cover, then colored my doodle with the markers. I added way too many dots, but that's okay. The quote is one of my favorite Doctor Who lines but it works here too. And cupcakes are definitely another fave of mine.




I'm adding Mod Podge waterproof to both projects because I handle them so much, but if it were on a storage container for craft bling or something, I probably wouldn't bother with it. The paint is pretty sturdy on textured surfaces.

As for my doodling while on the phone or watching tv, trust me when I say it's out of control and if it's something you want to keep, do not put your paper near me when I'm holding a marker. Just ask my kids or hubby!

Happy Friday!
Chark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!