Friday, February 19, 2021

Die Cutting For The Win

Lately I've been all about the dies. I've always liked them for sentiments and panels, but now I'm eyeing the floral layered dies. Altenew has them, Sizzix has a few and more companies seem to be coming out with them. I haven't yet decided which I can't live without, so today I'll just show you the fabulous sentiment die I've put on a variety of cards.


For this card, I chose a background I made awhile back with alcohol inks. I die cut it with a scallop die and then added the sentiment die cut from Waffle Flower. I only used the sentiment in white and then one of the many outlines in a metallic blue. 


In the close-up, you can see some of the metallic rainbow foil I rubbed onto the still-sticky ink.


This one uses the outline in white and the letters from a watercolored version I made. I added the watercolor after die cutting the whole die set. The unicorn is stamped on watercolor paper and it's a Greeting Farm stamp.


I was really happy with this last card. I used the Pinkfresh Studio Lush Vines Stamp and heat embossed in black on kraft paper. Then I added some of the sentiment layers, in white and black and red metallic paper. I think this might be a good card for one of my adult nephews.


This last card shows you all the layers of the die and lives up to its name of Rainbow Birthday.

Stay tuned for more cards featuring this sentiment die set, because I cut a ton of them!

Happy Friday!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!