Friday, February 26, 2021

Crafting With My Favorite Bear

I've loved Pooh Bear since I first saw him on TV when I was a kid. I loved his little round self, his penchant for honey, his slow way of talking and his little giggle. When my kids were little, they had the collection of Pooh stories and we read them over and over. I even have video of my daughter doing a play she wrote for the characters and her Pooh impersonation. So, when I saw a Make Cards Today Pooh Bear magazine that was available overseas, I bought it in a hot minute so I could have the stamps and printed pieces of the friends from The Hundred Acre Wood. It took a long time to get here, but I'm so happy I ordered it!

It sat for two days before I could create with it and now, of course, I can't stop. For this card, I used a watercolored background (using Tombow markers) I had already stamped and made a fun cut on the front panel that I saw on FB.


For this card, I used the same background stamp, but went with a rainbow background. The Pooh Bear was just an outline but on this scalloped die, I just used some alcohol markers to make him the right color.
 

This card is pretty small...I had made it with leftover piece of balloon paper and was just waiting for a focal point. The tag included with the magazine was just right.


I made one more card, but sent it off before I took a photo, for my Pooh-loving friend's birthday. I think his calm demeanor, along with his cuteness and determined search for honey are what make me smile. When I realized how wise Pooh is, along with being funny, I liked him even more. Here's one of my favorite quotes.


Happy Friday!
Chark









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!