Friday, April 9, 2021

Watch Out for Unicorn Sightings

It's National Unicorn Day, so I'm assuming it's the day when all the unicorns gather and frolic to celebrate. Well, it ought to be! Instead I thought I'd share some valuable unicorn information.
In Medieval times, Narwhal horns were sold as unicorn horns. Unicorns were symbols of grace and purity and I became obsessed with them in 5th grade. I was invited to join a young writer's conference and one of the speakers liked unicorns so I jumped on board. When I was 16, my boyfriend gave me a pearl and gold unicorn necklace and a unicorn music box. I kept them because, well, he turned into my husband and they were sweet gifts. Although I'm not obsessed anymore, I still enjoy adding them to crafty projects. I need to get this little Poppy Stamps die asap.


And I love Mama Elephant stamps and this set is no exception. They have the cutest stamps at ME.


If you want a free unicorn digital stamp, you can head to Useless Trinkets and pick up this one (that I used on a package awhile ago) and a lot more stamps for FREE! If you like your unicorns naughty, they even have zombie unicorns.



If you're really feeling unicorn day, why not make these little unicorn marshmallows from Wilton, with or without the cupcakes? I mean, the cupcake makes it better, but maybe you don't have the time.


You could head to Michael's or the grocery and pick up the ready made unicorn candies for your cupcakes too...way faster and just as cute!


You can join Alyce over at Kit and Clowder for a free unicorn coloring class (and more free classes) here. You get the unicorn stamp for free as well.


And if you're looking to wear your unicorns, you can get these earrings on Etsy for just $5! Enjoy National Unicorn Day in your own way and let me know if you catch them frolicking. 😆



Happy Friday!
Chark
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!