Friday, April 5, 2013

Aaahhhh, Spring Has Sprung!

Finally, it's warming up for a long stretch of days here...woo hoo! Here's a quick and easy gift for any bookworms in your family...bookmarks! If you have ribbon, brads, adhesive buttons like these from Dear Lizzy (for scrapping) or little gel adhesive pieces like the Love, Elsie "I love art" one below, it takes minutes. If you gotta run to the nearest Jo Ann Fabrics, it takes a bit longer. 


Measure a book and add a an inch or two for the end pieces to hang out. Cut your ribbon (grosgrain works best imo) to fit whichever kind of book you've chosen (paperback, hardback, etc.) Add the brads or other bits you have (the watermelon is a Tim Holtz clear fragment with a cute little piece of paper behind it) to each end of the ribbon. I sandwiched the ribbon between flare buttons. Mine already had adhesive, but use glue dots if yours don't. Easy, Fast, and you can personalize the bling to suit your recipient. Have fun, they are a bit addictive.

Happy Friday, y'all!
Chark


3 comments:

  1. These bookmarks are so clever Char!! I so enjoy your blog and your comments that you attach to your posts. You really are a gifted writer!!

    I've nominate you and your blog for the Liebster Award. Please visit my blog @ http://stampandink.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html for more info!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute bookmarks--I was thinking of making some for my (newly-founded) book-club. We're on book #3. I was trying to see what you were reading! but the title is hidden... Thanks for visiting my blog on Easter. Moxie Fab rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun bookmarks! I saw your name drawn at Simon Says Stamp~yay for new goodies!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!