Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Copic Rose Card

This is a card I made with this Hero Arts cling stamp. I love it. The copics are R83, R85, R89 . I took a class a year or so ago on roses and copics. 

The secret is to use three colors, leave some white space on the flowers and color each petal individually. I tried, but sometimes I don't really have the patience. Mostly, I just use the lightest, leaving a bit of white here and there, and toward the center of each flower I use the mid marker and then the darker. I covered these in Glossy Accents and love how they look. 



The music paper is from an old book of children's songs. As hard as it is to tear a book, I love the text and music look on projects. So I usually get old torn or stained copies from sales and it makes me happy that the books are still useful, even in a beat-up stage. Below is a great quote from Eleanor Roosevelt about roses...doncha love it?

Once I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: "No good in a bed, but fine up against a wall.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt


Happy Wednesday y'all,
Chark

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card!! And, that quote made me giggle. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!