Friday, January 24, 2014

Freezing My Tail Off Friday

The majority of the USA is in a cold snap, so I know I'm not alone in freezing parts of me off. Here's hoping we make it through the winter without too many more impossibly cold days. It was 1 degree this morning without the windchill! 

I used my Christmas money to buy a Smash journal just for funsies. Here is the front cover, after I used some gelatos and smeared them around with my fingers. I used a Faber Castell glaze to protect the color and added a photo of my favorite shoes in the whole world—Dorothy's shoes from the movie set!


In the corner, I added some washi tape and some glitter words and stars. I used more washi (this one from the Dollar Tree!) on the spine. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. 

Here on the back cover, I kept my theme and used Graphic 45 Wizard of Oz paper. I heart this so much!


Here's a page from the inside, with words all about me. That's what is fun about a Me Journal. I decided to just record a year of my middle-aged life for fun. So I'm doodling, thinking about what I want to do with the year, what words describe me, what I like...and it's a cool experience. 


I started with "a reader" and went from there. The "mom!" is big because sometimes, that's what you hear when you're a mom—all caps and excitement. And it's definitely a huge part of who I am. I'm pretty certain my job on this planet was to bring these two amazing people into the world. I also made sure to put in my love for glitter with my Stickles rainbow in the center of the page. I finally am able to say, "Hi, my name is Char, and I love me some glitter." If that makes me a girly girl, so be it. But I'm not, just so you know.

More pages will follow as I play around, but I'm so glad I'm taking the time to just explore what makes me who I am and what I enjoy and want and love. Hope you take the time to do some of this too, as it yields some interesting things here and there.

Stay warm and have a good weekend!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!