Friday, October 30, 2015

The Witching Hour Approaches

The clock is ticking and it's almost Halloween...time to share my Haunted Villages houses for Laura Carson's challenge. 

Here are some photos to show the process of one of my houses. 







Final outside view. The door is actually the bed and breakfast front desk turned on its side and a black pearl added as a doorknob.


  

The inside of the room. This is me trying to figure out how to decorate the inside.


My favorite part is the skeleton in a coffin that I turned into a skeleton in the closet in the bed and breakfast. I added a bottle of booze under the bed so maybe we're just imagining the skeleton.





I had to make the roof shingles for this one, since I didn't buy the sheet with roofs. And I shaded the turret with the same Distress Inks. I love that door and the ghost window, don't you?


I put one of the Tim Holtz Frozen Charlotte babies in the scene, so it looks like a ghost child in the village.



Made this roof too and the front door. I love the skeletons at dinner.


Here's my whole village. Inside and outside. This was sooo fun! Laura has extended the deadline for the contest too, so maybe you want to join in over at Artfully Musing. Even if you don't, you must go check out this blog—amazing work!

Whew! That's a lot of pics! Hope you have a Happy Halloween!
Chark

7 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!