Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Reveal

The wedding project that I got picked up for the Spring issue of Craft Ideas has been published! So excited! You can purchase the issue at Jo Ann Fabrics or online here if you're interested. Lots of great projects in this issue. You can get the online edition or the paper edition, which I prefer because I love leafing through magazines during lunch.


Now that it's out there in the world, I thought I'd post the pic I took of the project. It's table decor for a wedding, I used a vase, filled it with glass pebbles and then dyed coffee filters to make a cabbage rose for the top. The favors are made of two filters and filled with candy and tied with ribbon. It's easy to make in bulk (like for a wedding) but I might make some in blue for my daughter's college grad party this year.


It looks different in the mag, just because they actually made table settings and put the favors with the vase. It looks so professional! 

For the full instructions, you can pick up the mag or read it online (and your library might carry it). I had fun making these!

Happy Friday!
Chark


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your publication!! What a beautiful project you've made!! The cabbage rose looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Cindy! love the eggs on the cover too--might have try those.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you! That is pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you! That is pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!