Monday, July 31, 2017

Cinderella and the Night Sky

I'm joining in The Heart Desires Challenge this month (only hours left!) with this color challenge. This is my second entry and I saw the challenge through Amy Tsuruta's Facebook page. I love Amy's work and she made some adorable cards for The Heart Desires blog recently. Here's the Color Mood Board...soooo pretty!


I used a new die I just got this clip art image of Cinderella and the Prince...she might be my favorite Disney princess just for nostalgia reasons. I had her book and little long-playing record to listen to when I was little. The "sky" is a die cut and I made the colorful background with Tombow brush markers scribbled on a plastic sheet and spritzed with water. I then dragged the die cut through the paint. I had to be a little careful with the colors so they didn't make a muddy mess in some spots but this ended up okay. To avoid muting your colors, you can use only similar colors and not opposites. Green and Red, Purple and Yellow and Orange and Blue should be avoided combos.



You can scroll below to see my other entry for this contest at The Heart Desires. 

Happy Monday! 
Chark

2 comments:

  1. Yay Char! So happy to see you playing along! What a fantastic card, love the silhouette couple against that beautiful background!
    Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your card, with the black silhouette and the colorful background!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!