Friday, August 23, 2019

It's a Jane Davenport Kind of Day

I encounter Jane Davenport's art just through social media and then found out she has books and classes and art media with her name. So I bought some paints and books and have been coloring and doodling along in my Whimsical Girls Art Journal ever since. I haven't yet opened my paints, but it's on the list of fun art stuff to do. She sells some of these images as acrylic stamps too, so check out this page if you're interested.


Here are some of my latest pages from the journal. I don't think I'm finished with the background, but I purposely faded the dresses just to do something different.


This page is on watercolor paper, so I think I'd better use some paint on this one or at least more marker and water. I added the quote and I'm sure I'll be adding more doodles.


I love this fun quote, though I wish I'd lettered in pencil first, because I'm not too keen on the lettering. I might fussy cut her and adhere to another page.


Happy Friday and have a whimsical weekend!
Chark





2 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!