Friday, September 6, 2019

Feeling Spooky

After watching Monica Monge-Taylor's 7 Days of Halloween video series here, where you can win by commenting, I felt inspired to break out my Halloween goodies. I found this little "book" box at the Dollar Tree and felt it could be fun to make it a little shadow box. So here's what I did.



The skull, word "poison" and the spider web were there. I added the vellum printed kids in masks (I just googled scary kids vintage), the word stickers from Tim Holtz and the poison bottle sticker to the front. On the side I added a ticket from the TaylorMade4U.



For the inside, I used some wood stickers (bats and jack-o-lantern) from the Dollar Tree and inked the bats with a marker. I added more TH word stickers and some pumpkin veneers. The paper dolls are from the 2018 Tim Holtz ancestors package.


Here's the little girl side.


And here's the cemetery inside. The tree and spider are from years ago when Creative Memories made Halloween punch-outs. The front gravestone is from a collage sheet from Alpha Stamps. The inside gravestones are stickers and the little skulls were a prize from Laura Carson some years ago. If you haven't seen Laura's projects, you have GOT to visit her blog. They are so far out of my league, but I love seeing her work. It's inspiring and beautiful...and it's not just Halloween stuff.


I used some more ancestor die cuts to make ghosts for each headstone. I propped them up with folded cardboard. On the top of the box, I added more word stickers. I like to use these to make little sentences and stories to match my projects. I used some last year on these Halloween tags.


I really don't like scary movies and I haven't read Stephen King in years, but somehow, I love Halloween and Halloween paper crafting. I'm a puzzle!

Happy Friday!
Chark



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!