Sunday, January 12, 2020

Snowman Redux

So I spent yesterday redrawing the snowman from last week's post (see below). This time I put the snowman on kraft, drew light pencil circles in to follow and looked at the Hallmark card a little closer. I do like this more than the silver on black paper version I made...but it's definitely more of a copy. An homage, if you will, to the original card that sparked my imagination. I'm not trying to put them out of business, so I'll share a link to buy their cards here just in case you love the originals.

Here's my second try.


And my first try.


And the Hallmark card.


I think there are plenty of inspirations for our cards and actually having another card inspire me is pretty normal...one time I took inspiration from a clothing tag and one time it was a dress someone was wearing at church and a book cover once. I take lots of photos that have something that inspires me and often it's a color combo or a stamp I own but see used differently than I thought. Sometimes it's some cute nature photo that I have nowhere near the talent to draw, but wish I did.

I love watching videos for inspiration but I rarely follow through on those videos. But I keep watching 'em! Some of my favorites are Vicky Papaioannou whose art journal pages are really great and she creates multiple cards with a kit videos that I enjoy (and she has a fab accent) and Mary Polanco, who is super down-to-earth and makes mistakes and tells you how she fixed them and who does comparison videos and gives alternate supply ideas (plus her cute kids sometimes show up).

What inspires you?

Happy Weekend!
Chark

1 comment:

  1. I like your second take! Especially the ground the snowman is standing on.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!