Friday, April 24, 2020

A Pocketful of Hearts—Journaling with Julie 3

My sister, Julie, and I have been art journaling together at a distance. We found out we have the same book with lessons and decided to do each lesson at the same time. Today's lesson was about creating a pocket of hearts.


The idea is to fill each heart with things you love with photos or names. I used washi, inks, stickers, stencils and gelatos to decorate mine and added phrases about what I'm grateful for and beliefs I have. I used a hole punch on them at the bottom and made a kind of fan of hearts. 





Then I created a pocket on a previously painted art journal page to store the hearts. I added stickers and a quote I had lettered to the front of the pocket.


I found this fun and fairly quick to put together...but I did break it up into a couple of days because I wasn't sure where I was headed. I added some gold washi around the page as a frame for the very last touch.

Julie planned to put names of loved ones on hearts but as she has four kids, three of whom are married with their own kids, she would've had to make something like 18 hearts just for them! I like what she ended up doing and making a heart for each family and adding initials to represent them.



These are the backs of the hearts.


These are the fronts, with collage and stickers and markers. 


And this is the final project, pocket and hearts. 

And guess what? Today, April 24th, is Julie's birthday! So Happy Birthday to my big sis, who's making my quarantine fun and something to look forward to! Here's a cute pic of her and her hubby.


Happy Friday!
Chark









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!